TOP 10: Facts About Cork You Didn’t Know…
2. Cork City is the third largest city behind Dublin and Belfast.
3. County Cork is the largest county in Ireland.
4. Cork has the oldest Yacht Club in the World founded in 1720
5. The first Potato in Ireland was planted here by Sir Walter Raleigh, near his home in Youghal, Cork, around 1588.
6. In 1912, Cobh was the Titanic’s last port of call.
7. The first Temperance Society (abstaining from alcohol) in Europe was started in Skibbereen in West Cork in 1833. Too bad that didn’t work out!